2018 BMW 5 Series
If you’re looking for your next luxury mid-size sedan, check out the 2018 BMW 5 Series. Awesome engine options, innovative interior, and state-of-the-art technology features have redefined what it is to be a luxury ride.
For our drivers in Atlantic City, Vineland, and Egg Harbor Township, our team at BMW of Atlantic City has put together this review of the 2018 BMW 5 Series. You’ll get all the details on this sophisticated sedan, so you can decide for yourself if it’s the right next pick for you.
To get started, let’s take a look at the engine options of the 2018 5 Series…
2018 BMW 5 Series: Optimum Engine Options
The best thing about the 2018 BMW 5 Series is how many options are offered so that you’ll feel like it was made specifically for you-starting with four different engine choices.
Such engine options within the different trims include:
- The 530i. As the base engine of the 5 Series, this turbocharged four-cylinder puts out 248 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque-pretty impressive for a standard engine.
- The 540i. Just the next trim level up, the 540i gives you a turbocharged six-cylinder engine that produces 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque-not to mention you’ll go from 0-60 in just 4.7 seconds.
- The 530e iPerformance. An additional trim for the model year, this plug-in hybrid has a twin-turbocharged four-cylinder engine that puts out a total of 248 horsepower.
- M550i xDrive. Equipped with a 4.4L twin-turbocharged V8, you’ll get a massive 456 horsepower in this powerhouse.
With awesome engine power comes even better fuel economy. The 5 Series achieves an EPA-estimated 24 city/34 highway MPG in the base engine, so you’ll be bypassing those rest stops on your next road trip.
Inside the BMW 5 Series
With an interior that’s classic and simple, yet modern and stylish, the 2018 BMW 5 Series has it going on from the inside out.
In terms of space, the 5 Series holds high standards for other vehicles in its class. Choose the available 20-way multi-contour and massaging seats, and you and your front seat passenger will be living large on the way to your next destination.
But don’t think backseat riders have to give up their own space. With 36.5 inches of legroom, even your tallest riders will enjoy comfort and the luxury benefits of the 5 Series. And if you’re taking the 5 Series to your next vacation spot, load up everyone’s bags with an impressive 18.7 cubic feet of trunk space.
5 Series Technology
When you opt for a luxury vehicle, you should expect the most advanced technology features. You’ll find this in the form of both entertainment and safety features in the 2018 BMW 5 Series.
BMW’s iDrive infotainment system comes standard in the 5 Series, via a 10.2-inch touchscreen. Enjoy a standard navigation system, along with Apple CarPlay™ to access your smartphone music and apps.
In terms of safety features, you’ll get a lengthy list of available driving assistance options, so advanced you’ll feel like you have a built-in assistant. Some of these features include:
- A rearview camera
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Monitoring
Learn More About the BMW 5 Series
If you are in the areas of Atlantic City, Vineland, or Egg Harbor Township, contact us at BMW of Atlantic City to set up a test drive with the 2018 BMW 5 Series today!