How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
An oil change is an essential part of vehicle maintenance since it helps keep the engine healthy and running well. If you continue to have dirty oil in your car, it could lead to the engine breaking down, leaving you without a working automobile.
To prevent this from happening, you can bring your vehicle to the BMW of Atlantic City Service Center. How long an oil change takes depends on several factors, but we work hard to keep the whole process done in a timely manner.
Keep reading to learn about our oil change services and contact us to get the job done near Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, or Vineland.
Typical Length of an Oil Change
An oil change could take 15 to 45 minutes at a dealership. Otherwise, the work could take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, if you do it yourself.
As you can see, how long an oil change takes depends on whether you do it yourself or have a professional take care of the job. Plus, the time could be on the longer side if you’ve never performed an oil change before.
Another factor that could affect the length of an oil change is whether other checks are done on top of that work. While the time could be extended, you could rest easy knowing the rest of your vehicle is getting looked over thoroughly.
How to Change Engine Oil
If you were to perform an oil change yourself, you’ll want to make sure you have the proper tools on hand. These include safety glasses, rags, and a wrench. You may also want to jack the car up for easier access. Then, you’ll follow these steps:
- Find the oil drain plug under the car and place a pan underneath to catch the old oil.
- Unscrew the oil drain plug.
- Remove the cap from the oil filler hole at the top of the engine and unscrew the oil filter.
- Empty the oil from the filter into the drain pan.
- Screw the new filter into the engine.
- Replace the oil drain plug and tighten it.
- Use a funnel to pour fresh oil into the oil filler hole.
- Replace the oil filler cap, run the engine, then shut it off to check the oil level.
- Add more oil a little at a time until you reach the Full line on the dipstick.
- Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle, then lower it back down (if put up on a jack).
While this process is pretty straightforward, you may want it to leave it to the experts. Since they have years of experience and all the needed tools on hand, they can get the job done quickly and efficiently. As a result, you can be back on the road in a well-performing vehicle again in no time.
Schedule an Oil Change Today
When it comes to oil changes, you want to make sure it’s done correctly. However, you also want it completed as soon as possible. To get both, simply bring your vehicle to BMW of Atlantic City.
Our certified technicians will perform an oil and filter change along with other inspections that you may need. While we work on your car, you can relax in our comfortable lounge, utilizing our amenities, which includes free Wi-Fi as well as complimentary baked goods and bottled water.
So, if you need an oil change near Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, or Vineland, don’t wait. Schedule service at our BMW dealership today!