Apple Carplay Brings More Connectivity To BMW Vehicles
When we’re driving we want to be connected. With a BMW, we expect that to be the case, and we get it in many ways. There’s iDrive, which provides infotainment, but iDrive is also compatible with Apple CarPlay, which makes it convenient for many drivers in the area to seamlessly integrate their phones to their BMW and enjoy many of its features. If you’re unfamiliar, here’s a breakdown of what you’ll find.
- To utilize Apple CarPlay on your BMW, you need to have the latest iOS version and an active data plan, as CarPlay uses the data plan of the iPhone that is connected. You cannot connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s WiFi hotspot and use CarPlay at the same time
- Make sure you have the Apple CarPlay app on your phone, and you will be able to pair it up with the iDrive system easily
- Once you’ve paired the device, you’ll notice that the interface and menu is similar to what you’d see on any other iOS device so it’s going to be easy for you to pick up on quickly
- With Apple CarPlay, you’re able to access calls, texts, navigation, and compatible apps, and do so by pressing the buttons or by using Siri by pressing the voice command button on the iDrive, or on your steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay on BMW models can also predict your travel plans and provide you with direction based on events in your phone’s calendar, contacts, and frequent destinations as well, for added convenience
If you’d like to learn more, feel free to stop in and see us at BMW of Atlantic City, and we’d be happy to answer your questions and discuss technology on BMW vehicles today.